Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fantasy Football 2013: My First Draft for the Season

From NFL.com
 
First off, I'd like to apologize for the prolonged absence. Was on holiday for a week and then was immediately shipped off to out-of-town work. Thankfully, Yahoo Sports already made an app that made it possible for me to draft my first Fantasy NFL team of the season. Aside from that, Yahoo also "grades" your draft according to your picks. I got a "B" according to their analysis (based on projected stats). Harsh I know, since this is a league that starts two QBs. Yup. TWO Quarterbacks. They say RBs are FFBs main producers, that is if you only start one QB. Then again, I ranked 4th out of 10 teams based on my draft so it's not too shabby either.

No prizes at stake for this league but at least I get to compete with a couple of Gilas mainstays, Asst. Coach Josh Reyes, and Gabe Norwood, who drafted his brother Jordan (Wide Receiver, Cleveland Browns) to round out his draft. As for my draft, here's how it went down:

Drafting 3rd out of 10

Rd 1 - Jamaal Charles, RB, KC
- Dual Threat. Great running tradition in KC. No brainer.
Rd 2 - Matt Forte, RB, Chicago
- Chicago's ground and pound offense should get Forte lots of touches really.
Rd 3 - Cam Newton, QB, Carolina
- Usually a stretch for normal leagues, but I need to get 2 top QBs to survive here.
Rd 4 - Russel Wilson, QB, Seattle
- Two dual threat QBs for me please.
Rd 5 - Pierre Garcon, WR, Washington
- This was more of a panic pick. WRs were running out fast!
Rd 6 - Cecil Shorts, WR, Jacksonville
- Another stretch, but I trust the guy. He got me through last year, albeit in another league.
Rd 7 - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Arizona
- I agree with Yahoo Sports' Analysis. Easily my worst pick. Ugh. Panicked again.
Rd 8 - Tavon Austin, WR, St. Louis
- Borderline stretch, but I'm banking on his potential. Sam Bradford can sling it!
Rd 9 - Owen Daniels, TE, Houston
- Not a superstar TE, but is consistent.
Rd 10 - Stevie Johnson, WR, Buffalo
 - Sleeper pick right here, in case Austin doesn't pan out.
Rd 11 - Cincinnati, DEF
- Gem in the rough. While others picked sexy names (Chicago, San Fo, Denver, Baltimore), I picked the team that finished in the top 5 last season.
Rd 12 - Paul Posluszny, LB, Jacksonville
- Has been a consistent IDP (Individual Defensive Player) ever since Yahoo started involving defensive players.
Rd 13 - Morgan Burnett, S, Green Bay
- Gut feel pick. Finished among the leaders in tackles for defensive backs.
Rd 14 - Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis
- Surprised to see him still here. Decent backup for my bye weeks.
Rd 15 - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh
- Yeah he's injured, but he'll be back in time for my RBs' bye weeks!
Rd 16 - Green Bay, DEF
- Can't remember why I picked a DEF. Thinking too far ahead hurts too I guess.
Rd 17 - Jacob Tamme, TE, Denver
- Of course I had to get someone from the Broncos. Peyton loves his tight ends. Chemistry from Indiana makes him a decent sleeper.
Rd 18 - David Akers, K, Detroit
- The ol' reliable lefty kicker inside a dome. Can't wait.
Rd 19 - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Denver
- Yeah yeah. Denver has been known in the past couple of years to play RBBC (Running Back By Committee) but I personally feel Moreno has good upside since Montee Ball (Blocking) and Ronnie Hillman (Fumbling) have issues of their own. Go Broncos!


There you have it. I hope to do better in my next draft, which is a Keeper League (that I won last year woohooo!). Being the winner, I picked 12th out of 12 teams so this will be a completely different challenge.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!?
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments

:) :-) :)) =)) :( :-( :(( :d :-d @-) :p :o :>) (o) [-( :-? (p) :-s (m) 8-) :-t :-b b-( :-# =p~ :-$ (b) (f) x-) (k) (h) (c) cheer

 
© Bulalo Sports
Designed by BlogThietKe Cooperated with Duy Pham
Posts RSSComments RSS
Back to top